Skip Navigation and Go To Content

Office of the Registrar

Enrollment Certification

Certification of enrollment for federal student loans is processed through the National Student Clearinghouse. The Clearinghouse is responsible for providing status and deferment information, on behalf of the university, to guaranty agencies, lenders and services. Students receiving deferment forms from their lenders may submit them to the Registrar's Office. These forms will be forwarded to the Clearinghouse for processing. Students who wish to inquire about certifications may call the Clearinghouse at 703-742-4200, but should not call until four weeks after the start of the term. The Registrar's Office may also assist you by checking the Clearinghouse website.

Verification of graduation/degree earned, enrollment for terms prior to fall 1996, or for reasons other than student loan deferment, will be processed by the Registrar's Office.

Click here for the Enrollment Certification Request Form